Saturday, March 12, 2011

An introduction






<@Unknown> So, we plan on creating a community to encourage the development of the occult beyond the basics towards a malefic currents as is implicited in the 'fight' part of'psifight.' To back that up, we plan on encouraging acquiring one or more practice partners. Along with a blog kind of place to post logs with valuable information among other things,perhaps ramblings of a subject or an article, etc.  <@Fenzir> Without restricting freedom of the mage or his or her path <@Unknown> And hope to build a place where a mage can speak up without being attacked from every side for having an opposing belief to that of the channel.  <@SeekInfinity-ICTX> I do agree though with the development beyond the basics I do think keeping in mind the analogy to the idea of a technology singularity would be usefull in what it implies for how far we wish to go beyond the basics.  <Zorak> I Agree, feli. I just use the word god because its a common term for the type of being oyu described <@Fenzir> So what does everything think of our plans for psifight? <Zorak> Excuse me, i will say i agree with the connection to existence parts. I dont follow "systems" I just look and find. I think the plan is good for those who have the time to blog their experiments. The matter of concern i have is the partnering, incompatible partners would lessen the potential for a successful and/or groundbreaking experiment <Brilenus|ICTX> I'm neutral towards it. I dislike working closely with others, but don't mind sharing what I learn and attempting to help others. *shrugs*<@Unknown> We were only encouraging it, and was supposed to be entirely optional. A way for those looking for some extra practice to find someone to learn with.  <@Unknown> Then again, most of it is still foundational and we are looking for your inputs so everyone is in agreement and can live with it.<Kazasu> I like the idea in general, and would be interested in joining the community, I might even speak more than once or twice a day<Brilenus|ICTX> Hmm... Quick suggestion... We form a sort of 'pool' of useful creations that can be accessed by anyone within the channel. Shouldn't be too difficult to manage, I don't think. <@Fenzir> Yeah it is optional of course. It will be like having someone to participate in a working if need be or someone, if you choose, you can practice with. I too, at most times work alone, but I do appreciate having the opportunity to work with people :)
<Brilenus|ICTX> I realized it could be useful when thinking of how my creations work (all at least semi-intelligent and can act based on instructions given to them) and how if everyone had access to them, they could be studied more, and possibly set up to help people if something such as their systems failing occurs.  <Fenzir_> Thanks, I accidentally closed my client   <Brilenus|ICTX> <SeekInfinity-ICTX> Zorak-I'm not bound by any systems but do find them usefull... I use more than one system ultimately though... and you have a valid point about incompatible practice partners, but with a 'list' format you could see everyone who is looking for one and choose from that. Also, while practices with low-compatability partners can be frustrating it can also be usefull-i've had alot of benefit before from partners I <Brilenus|ICTX> wasn't the most compatible wit  <Brilenus|ICTX> --> Fenzir_ (Fenzir@***.***.***.*****) has joined #psifight <Fenzir_> Thank you   <Leaf> Any kind of optional systems of doing things are great IMO. A forum of sorts might even be active now.  <Fenzir_> I am heading to bed, good night.   *** Fenzir quit (Ping timeout)  <Leaf> Cya.  <Leaf> Pong.   <Zorak> Seek, if i work with someone who isnt open minded, i can easily say the project wont be a success  <Brilenus|ICTX> I don't think any of us are not openminded.  <Kazasu> I think its more about the path rather than the destination when working with someone you're incompatible with   <@SeekInfinity-ICTX> That's why experimental projects aren't the best use for those partners but the more basic exercises-learning to get an image from someones mind when you and them are both of almost no psychic compatability and even less personality compatability and so are almost expecting each other to fail can do wonders for ones telepathic sensitivity. Also an incredibly annoying experience, worse than chalk grinding on ones ears, but valuable. Some hate those kinds of exercises in themeselves and wouldn't find   <@SeekInfinity-ICTX> much value in the experience because of that, or don't want to go through with it, but it still can be a valuable experience*shrugs*  <@SeekInfinity-ICTX> Though not one i'd like to repeat too often... heh  <Zorak> That is a very good point seek. I was referring to those who just swear something isnt doable at all, just fluff. I guess ill go eat now since my low blood sugar makes me talk weird  <Kazasu> Huh[  <Kazasu> Why place limits on something when you can't yet see them? <Fenzir_> Zorak, you needn't work with anyone, it was a suggestion 
<@Fenzir> Brilenus, that is a useful suggestion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment